Do you have a Solution to reduce the environmental impact of corporations in the construction industry while remaining profitable ? Join this E-coaching with LafargeHolcim experts to fast-track your access to the Efficient Solutions Label.
What's in it for you ?
- Network with the LafargeHolcim Innovation team.
- Get a chance to be incubated in LafargeHolcim facilities, get access to their R&D resources, and more.
- Be more efficient in your application for the Solar Impulse Label: this E-coaching enables you to save time in applying for the Label thanks to tailor-made support of the Solar Impulse Team and LafargeHolcim experts.
- Receive all benefits coming with the Efficient Solutions Label if awarded (more info).
Who is it for ?
- Solutions to enhance the Circular Economy in the Construction sector (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
- Recycling of raw materials and construction materials during the deconstruction of buildings
- Increase in waste reused in operations: Use of quarries / excavation / mining waste
- Optimization of logistics:
- Enhancing the transport of recycled materials via digital tools and ecomobility solutions
- Transport maximization: always ensure that trucks run full
- Reduction of freshwater use per ton of cementitious material and in manufacturing sites (e.g., promoting the use of non-potable water in concrete, innovative treatment methods to remove organic matter, salts, etc.)
- Solutions for Low Carbon Construction (materials and/or systems): Reduction of the CO2 emitted per ton of cementitious material
- New formulations
- Reduction of the use of Portland cement in construction with innovative and disruptive concrete formulations (excluding additions of blast furnace slag, fly ash from thermal power plants or pozzolans, already well known)
- Alternative source of construction materials (e.g.: how to replace natural construction sand and aggregates)
- Use of biomass materials in concrete (while reassuring about their durability and LCA)
- New mineral insulation materials (excluding polymer-based insulation)
- Innovative construction systems
- Use of sensors, computer models for the quality control of new concrete formulations
- Automation and design: e.g., by optimizing construction element design for increased material efficiency
- Maturity: TRL6 and more (minimum: solution demonstrated in a relevant environment)
- Type of innovation: technology, processes, or services
As the world’s global leader in building solutions, LafargeHolcim is reinventing how the world builds to make it greener and smarter for all. On its way to becoming a net zero company, LafargeHolcim signed the “Business Ambition for 1.5°C” pledge with science-based intermediate targets in alignment with a net zero pathway. LafargeHolcim’s 70,000 employees are committed to improving quality of life across more than 70 markets through its four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
o 2,300 operating sites in around 75 countries
o 72,000 employees
o 26.7 billion CHF net sales
Full CSR Report here.
From December 15 to January 29 : Call for Solutions
February 4: Selection of participating companies (20 spots available)
February 11: Information webinar
February 18: E-Coaching Session: one-to-one matchmaking with experts to complete the Label application
February 28: Deadline to submit your Label application
April 30: Announcement of freshly Labeled Efficient Solutions
For all questions: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org