Engineering consultancy company. Works on industrial wastewater treatment & management, process and water audits, sustainable development; industrial training and infrastructure & CSR projects
Sustainable Techno-solutions For Environmental Protection Private Limited (STEP) founders have more than 25 years experience in industrial wastewater/ sewage treatment and management and have expertise in human resource & training.
Pvt Ltd was started in March 2010. We are engineering consultancy company and work on industrial wastewater treatment & management, process and water audits, sustainable development; industrial training and infrastructure & CSR projects.
Our key areas of operation are:
1) Audits, due diligence, management, footprint studies and training/ capability development for water, wastewater, effluent and sewage,
2) Design ETP/ STP and upgradation of existing ETP/ STP, with objective of recycle of water
3) Process audits and sustainable development for chemical industry to improve productivity in current processes.
4) Recovery and recycle of chemicals from waste streams using polymeric adsorbents.
5) Infrastructure projects viz. large Sewage treatment plant (STP), designing of sewerage network, environmental and social assessments and stakeholder consultations.
As part of sustainable development, we work on a novel reactor- Downflow Gas Contactor (DGC) which can be used for 3 key applications viz effluent treatment to reduce COD/ BOD, Biogas/ Flue gas upgradation by capturing CO2 and Gas-Liquid chemical reactions. DGC is a proprietary reactor technology from WRK Design and Services Ltd., UK with whom we are associated since 2015. DGC technology has not yet been commercialised anywhere in the world. We have done extensive work on DGC for effluent treatment to reduce COD/ BOD in India & UK. We are now in discussion to set up a commercial unit at one of the customers in India. We have also set up a pilot plant for 50 m3/hr in India for biogas upgradation to demonstrate the CO2 & H2S removal technology patented by WRK. The trials on this plant are scheduled in Q4 2018.
SDG’s of application
The Solar Impulse Efficient Solution label seeks to bridge the gap between ecology and economy, bringing together protection of the environment and financial viability to show that these solutions are not expensive fixes to problems, but rather opportunities for clean economic growth.