SPOUTS mission is to manufacture and distribute ceramic water filters to provide everyone in Uganda with safe water.
SPOUTS (Sustainable Point-Of-Use Treatment and Storage) of Water is a social venture that aims to increase clean water access for those suffering from preventable water-borne diseases. By creating a water filter production facility in Uganda, SPOUTS of Water hopes to:
- Design and produce cheap, simple and effective ceramic water filters
- Train and employ local populations for the production of filters
- Provide education on the importance of clean water
- Increase access to clean water
- Decrease dependence on foreign aid when it comes to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Create a sense of ownership when it comes to personal water hygiene
SDG’s of application
The Solar Impulse Efficient Solution label seeks to bridge the gap between ecology and economy, bringing together protection of the environment and financial viability to show that these solutions are not expensive fixes to problems, but rather opportunities for clean economic growth.