E2metrix provide advanced electrochemical systems for the clean & economical treatment of wastewater and process water
HeadquartersSherbrooke, QC J1L 2Z9, Canada
E2metrix is a Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada-based water and wastewater treatment systems company. More specifically, the company has developped ECOTHOR™, our proprietary electrotechnology system (12 patents – 4 issued, 8 pending) – specifically for the clean and economical treatment of a variety of industrial (ex. mining, food & beverage) and municipal wastewater, along with landfill leachate, groundwater and other process water streams (ex. mine and mill water). ECOTHOR is an automated “plug & play” electrochemical process. Using clean electricity where available, the patented ECOTHOR reactor can be operated alone or assembled in modules of multiple reactors to treat wastewater discharge flows from a few m3 to thousands of m3 per day. ECOTHOR can operate in three different modes: electro-oxidation, electro-coagulation, and/or electro-disinfection to target removal of contaminants including:
• Ammonia nitrogen
• Metals, including Cu, Zn, Ni, Mn, As, Se and others
• Suspended solids
• Complex hydrocarbons
• Cyanides, Thiocyanates, etc.
• Particulate BOD/COD
• Micro-contaminants (including PFAS, hormones, pharma waste)
• And much more
ECOTHOR’s features are simple:
• Multiple contaminants removed simultaneously (high efficiency)
• Competitive CAPEX, low cost of ownership
• Fully automated with remote operation on multiple platforms
• Simple-to-operate and easy-to-maintain
• On/Off Capabilities vs biological processes
• Compact & modular – small footprint – containers available
• No moving parts
• Service contract available.
E2metrix has delivered ECOTHOR for numerous applications, example so which include:
• Nutrient removal and recycling, along with emerging contaminant destruction at a municipal wastewater plant
• Heavy metal removal from a municipal landfill leachate
• Ammonia nitrogen, hydrocarbons and heavy metal removal from a groundwater contaminated from a legacy dump site
• Phosphorus removal from sanitary water at a remote National Park lodge
• Ammonia nitrogen removal from mine water at a gold mine in development (two additional systems to be delivered in 2020)
• Replacement of chemical biocides at five cooling towers (two buildings, two hockey arenas and a metallurgical process)
Please visit our web site at www.e2metrix.com.
The Solar Impulse Efficient Solution label seeks to bridge the gap between ecology and economy, bringing together protection of the environment and financial viability to show that these solutions are not expensive fixes to problems, but rather opportunities for clean economic growth.