Contest Rules :
Share a memory (text or photo) from 1999 using the hashtag #BreitlingOrbiter3 ! The memory (a text, a photo or a video) has to be about something you remember about Breitling Orbiter 3 in 1999 or about the technology at the time (internet connection, computer, phone, floppy disks, etc). What do you remember about that time? Which technology did you use? When was the first time you connected to the internet? If you are too young to remember the technology at the time, show us a piece of technology used at the time that you have never used. It looks like “vintage technology” today, but it was the top of telecommunications technology at the time and used to follow Breitling Orbiter 3 live.
Respond correctly to the questions about the adventure using this Google Form. All the answers can be found on the original Breitling Orbiter 3 website (here)
At the end of the quizz leave us your email and link to the social media post you made. The Google Form will prompt you to provide your contact information. nThe winner will be extracted among the contestants having replied correctly to the questions by the end of the contest on March 29th at midnight (Swiss time). The winner will be notified during the following week. Best of luck to all of you and thank you for sharing your passion for aviation, watchmaking and sustainability !
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Only one (1) entry per person. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies are not eligible to participate and win.
- Communication/Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
- PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in a contest, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
- Conduct, Judging, and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.