Ground transportation ecosystem for fleets to manage their businesses more effectively during these challenging times.
TypeStartup or self-employed
FoundersPatricia Charla Vail and Sara Eastwood Richardson
HeadquartersNewtown, CT 06470, USA
Who We Are
STTN and our partners are Driving the future of Sustainable Transportation and Travel. TM
You don't have to be a sustainability professional. You don't have to know anything about sustainability. You'll work with like-minded professionals at the same stage in their journey. You'll get all the support and encouragement you need.
If you'd like to be part of the network, you can sign up for membership here.
The Company, Our Credentials, and Our Partners
• STTN's mission is to promote sustainable development and responsible transportation solutions to chauffeured transportation companies and their customers. STTN provides programs and tools to enable our members to integrate responsibility, transparency, and accountability in their environmental, social, and economic values, practices, and policies. In addition, STTN provides affordable education, outreach, certification, marketing, and management services to lessen transportation's toll on the environment, society, and our members' financial well-being.
By partnering with leading companies in the sustainability sector, STTN takes a holistic approach to address sustainable development within the travel and travel-related transportation industries.
• The principals of STTN have been involved in the sustainability sector since 2003, long before it was "fashionable."
• STTN has partnered with several other sustainability and technology companies to develop a chauffeured transportation company certification program. This program, which is affordable for all companies, is designed to provide our members with the tools necessary to attract new corporate clients by providing a mechanism to assess the sustainability of the members' and each passenger's transportation in the supply chain. The "Sustainable Transportation Eco-Certification Program" for the business ground transportation sector will be released on October 15, 2022.
• GreenFeet is STTN's emission calculation and carbon offsetting provider. Leveraging the volume purchasing of our members, the projects STTN maintains for client investment are not only of the highest quality, but our members can also take advantage of our volume discounts.
• Pat Charla, the organization's co-founder, has more than 30 years of experience in corporate travel and ground transportation. With a resume detailing sustainability experience on both the client and supplier sides, Pat is well-regarded by the corporate travel community as an innovative professional sustainability solutions provider. Combined with an MBA in International Finance and Marketing from Fordham University's Graduate School of Business (ranked by the Wall Street Journal as one of the top 30 graduate business programs – internationally), Pat's experience and training bring a wealth of technical and financial skills and industry-specific knowledge to STTN members.
• Sara Eastwood Richardson, the organization's co-founder, is an expert in trade association & trade show management. She found her calling before she completed college, working in the PR department at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. Sara went on to develop the trade show division of Bobit Business Media after she sold her trade show, the Equine Technology Expo/Equitech, at 23. Under her management, Bobit Business Media trade shows grew to include 14 tradeshows and annual conferences. Sara also built out the BBM Association Management division, a company sector offering contract operations to associations such as the National Limousine Association, the American Car Rental Association, and Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association. In addition, she was the Publisher of a luxury transportation magazine for more than 25 years. In 2019, Sara launched RAS International, a company dedicated to helping develop non-profits in all growth areas. Sara lives on a sustainable micro-farm in Olalla, Washington, and enjoys being a weekend farmer with her three dogs, two cats, 20 chickens, and tending her 5-acre lavender field.
• GreenFeet has also partnered with STTN to provide all carbon footprint and carbon/emission reporting accounting to STTN's members. As a result, GreenFeet's Climate Scientists and STTN have developed a comprehensive yet cost-effective solution to complete baseline accounting, benchmarking, and emissions reporting.
• “TBA” and STTN have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver an online training solution to STTN members in the United States. STTN partnered with “TBA” to take advantage of their years of experience with the ground transportation industry in a regulated, low-carbon environment. STTN and “TBA” provide online programming for beginner, intermediate and advanced chauffeurs, pre-employment screening, and a "train the trainer" curriculum for members.
• STTN is the marketing partner in the first-of-its-kind corporate booking product offering for sustainable ground transportation. The combined efforts of STTN and our ground transportation and sustainability technology partners have been leveraged to deliver an end-to-end sustainable ground transportation solution to our corporate members and their providers.
The Sustainable Development Goals are a call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure peace and prosperity everywhere.
Clean water and sanitation
Affordable and clean energy
Industry, innovation and infrastructure
Sustainable cities and communities
Responsible consumption and production
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. To validate the Membership to the World Alliance for Efficient Solutions, the Solar Impulse Foundation only verifies that each entity is registered and has signed our principles and values stated in the following World Alliance for Efficient Solutions charter. For those Members who are also solution providers, this information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.