The problems are known. What is needed now, are solutions.To give hope again. The book explores how to get out of the current dilemma between degrowth leading to social chaos and the unbridled consumerism leading to ecological disaster. Far from the expenses and sacrifices feared by many, Bertrand Piccard, offers us an original, clear and uncompromising plea, in which he exposes the foundations of his third way, the "qualitative growth", which reconciles ecology and economy. Clear and and unifying, Bertrand Piccard's approach is equal to the enormity of the challenge facing the future of our planet.
10 Major Points from "Réaliste, Soyons logiques autant qu’écologiques".
- Decoupling growth from GDP – for a new Qualitative Growth
- The Green transition – the market opportunity of the century
- The Solutions exist – we just need to use them
- Efficiency – a world of no waste
- Federating actors – pulling on one rope
- Climate activists should call for solutions as much as denounce problems
- Law shapes reality – modern legislation is key
- Human nature – ally or enemy in the fight against climate change
- A clean future – how our lives could change
- Reversing paradigms – and achieving the “impossible”