H-aero™ combines concepts from helicopters, planes and balloons for a solution that is safer, offers superior flight endurance, and can carry a larger relative load than conventional drones.
The high-tech materials - fiber composites, canvas and high-density foils -coupled with solar cells allow the flight system to complete 24h autonomous missions with a payload of up to 3kg, making it suitable for a wide range of applications that include earth observation for resource exploration, top-station or close-up inspections of hydropower plants or tunnels, or for internet and communication relay purposes. H-aero™ has much lower operating costs that comparable systems used today for these applications, with a vastly reduced environmental footprint.
- •Safer than other UAVs and able to fly directly above crowds
- •High-density foil means there are very low helium refill needs (1.25-2.5% of total capacity to be replaced annually, depending on model/size of H-aero).
- •Silent, easily transported, accessible and controllable over WiFI or cellular networks.
- •Higher payload per structural weight due to hybrid lift and ultra-lightweight construction.
- •Considerable savings in flight and/or human operating costs, according to the application.
- •Savings for inspection of a conservative 5km reference tunnel is estimated to be around 37%.