Feed additive leads to reduced methane and ammonia production in ruminants that leads to better energy and protein use and consequently improved productivity in the animals.
Plant extracts from medicinal herbs and spices, which are effective, innovative, easy to use and safe. Research trials demonstrate AGOLIN’s potential to positively influence the rumen microbiota. In addition to increased productivity, animal welfare is improved and reduced feed costs for farmers. In the trial carried out by INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique) in France, the supplement reduced the methane production in dairy cows by 30%. Feeding the world’s cattle population with this completely natural product would reduce total greenhouse gas emissions by 1%.
- •Scientifically proven effect to reduce methane in dairy cows and beef cattle.
- •Scientifically proven effect on feed efficiency (better use of resources) and milk production.
- •First independently assessed and certified feed additive to significantly reduce methane.
- •In use in several markets.
- •Reduction of 300 million tonnes of GHG emissions if fed to the world's cattle population.
- •Increased milk yield and feed efficiency of 3 - 5 % observed in dairy cows.
- •Reduced feed costs
Categories of Application
- •Animal farming
1145 Bière, Switzerland
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
As an expert for the innovation scene in energy and environmental technologies, CleantechAlps (Sion, Switzerland) is a hub for the cleantech ecosystem, connecting its stakeholders with relevant partners.
Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Andorra, Switzerland, Czechia, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Slovakia, Albania, Åland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Croatia, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Monaco, Montenegro, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Serbia, Slovenia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, San Marino, Vatican City, Kosovo,
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.