The Explorer is a one-of-a-kind search engine that showcases profitable climate solutions from all over the world which are part of an ever-growing, curated, and publicly-accessible database. Select your profile, your needs and climate goals to discover the solutions that fit best with your situation.

Explore Learn more

Cancel Confirm

My Search Alerts

The Solutions Explorer lets you create alerts that match your needs. You can create several alerts and you will receive a notification each time a new Solar Impulse Efficient Solutions is labeled and matches your filters.

Your Search Alerts will show up here.

Sign in to create alerts for your filters and search terms.

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

My Favorites

The Solutions Explorer lets you shortlist your favorite solutions.

Your favorites will show up here.

Sign in to add a solution to your favorites.

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Contact the Solution's Provider

You can contact each Solution’s Provider through the « Solutions Explorer » contact form. The team will also follow up to make sure you’ll have an answer to your request.

Your contact form will show up here.

Sign in to contact the Solution's Provider

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

My Account

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

PV energy harvesters for IoTs

A PV module for IOT to generate electricity from ambient light with 75% more power

January 2021
January 2024
Gallery PV energy harvesters for IoTs 1
Gallery PV energy harvesters for IoTs 1


The Flexwave solution can collect scattered light efficiently with no angle limitation. On a sunny day, the power gained is more than an AAA battery. The goal is to gain more power but use smaller sizes than others in order to make a difference. Just like Iron man’s power source Arc reactor, Flexwave is powering IoT devicea. The lifetime is 10 years which enables companies to save on maintenance costs on battery replacement. The solution includes an excellent solar power management system and weather ability, with no maintenance. The product is using the shell of durable PC materials and Flexwave's patented technology. The ultimate goal is to reduce the use of disposal batteries, the fee of maintenance, and the cost of replacement. Furthermore, it provides our environment with more eco-friendly treatment and gives clients better products.

  • /
Label Date January 26, 2024
From Taiwan
Maturity stage Initial market commercialization
Looking For Network, New clients, Visibility, Partners

The environmental benefits

  • Volume of devices can be 50% smaller than other products but with the same storage capacity
  • Even at 60 degrees, Flexwave’s modules can still deliver 80% power, whereas traditional modules contribute less than 50% power
  • Collect 40% more PV power than others
  • 80% can be recycled, and the rest 20% is natural degradation product.
  • Using natural power sourse insted of using electricity to create a carbonized world.

The Financial benefits

  • Lower down the load of labor use
  • Lifetime can be 10 years and it could generate up to 5AAA battery power (2.9Ah @3.6V) in one sunny day

Activity Region

  • /


France, Finland,


South Africa,


New Zealand,

  • Headquarters
  • Activity

Company Profile

Flexwave Co., Ltd

Power for sensors , LPWAN systems , GPS, parking sensor, Animal tracker/monitoring

View company profile Solution website
Headquarters Zhubei City, Hsinchu County, Taiwan 302
Contact the Solution Provider Add to Favorites

The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances. The innovator Flexwave Co., Ltd has asserted ownership of the intellectual property rights for images, videos, and content showcased above, affirming full and unrestricted usage rights, and has provided explicit permission for the Solar Impulse Foundation to publish such information designated as "public" in the application form.