SMK Tomato Paste is a pasteurised fresh tomato paste that is produced using sustainable farming methods/techniques including efficient use of waste. Tomatoes arrive at the Kaduna Farm plant and follow the simple tomato production line needed.
Tomatoes arrive to the factory from the Kaduna Ferm plant and a simple tomato processing production line requiring: washing/sorting-blanching-blending-pressure boiling to remove water-packaging (bottling and re-boiling). After the pasteurisation process the paste is bottled in ‘Maison’ jars (not plastic), these jars are recycled and some amount of money is given back for returned jars. SMK Tomato Paste make sure that tomatoes are not wasted since tomato is the most important vegetable that every Nigerian family uses every day. So it effectively reduces the amount of water that will be spent on irrigation farming, thus increasing the water available for drinking and cooking and other sanitary activities. It is also reducing the amount of energy needed for multiple processes as to pump water to irrigate the farms, by having an efficient waste free system.
- •Reducing the quantum of the GHG emissions due to farming from yearlong to 3 months
- •Reducing the quantity of water and increasing yields by 50%
- •Price consistency on fresh tomatoes at $20 per 8kg all year round instead of $75
- •The consumers also get to sell back their jars to us and get a dollar back for each 8kg batch
Categories of Application
W10 Zaria Rd, Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna, Nigeria
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.