AEROPAK G is an ultra lightweight fuel cell system that increases UAV flight duration by a factor of 2 to 5 over traditional lithium-ion batteries.
These high energy-density hydrogen batteries are able to store 700Wh/kg compared to 190WH/kg offered by traditional storage means. AEROPAK G can be used to power small-to-medium sized commercial UAVs carrying high precision sensors and used to perform missions in which endurance is key. Cylinders can be refilled on the ground through an optional mobile refuelling station.
- •More than 20% lifecycle GHG emission reductions compared to conventional fuel
- •No CO2 emissions during the flight
- •All the water used to extract hydrogen is released into the atmosphere during the drone flight
- •100% carbon-free hydrogen if produced by hydrolyzer powered by renewable sources
- •Low OPEX : (150 USD/h vs 1800 USD/h for renting a helicopter for pipeline inspections)
- •Allow collecting high-value data
- •Flights between 2 and 5 times longer