The Explorer is a one-of-a-kind search engine that showcases profitable climate solutions from all over the world which are part of an ever-growing, curated, and publicly-accessible database. Select your profile, your needs and climate goals to discover the solutions that fit best with your situation.

Explore Learn more

Cancel Confirm

My Project

The Solutions Explorer lets you shortlist your favorite solutions in Project(s) you’ve created. You can create multiple projects.

Your Project will show up here.


Sign in to create project and save solutions.

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

My Project

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Save to project

The Solutions Explorer lets you shortlist your favorite solutions in Project(s) you’ve created. You can create multiple projects.

Your Project will show up here.




Sign in to create project and save solutions.

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Create new project

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Your Search Alerts

The Solutions Explorer lets you create alerts that match your needs. You can create several alerts and you will receive a notification each time a new Solar Impulse Efficient Solutions is labeled and matches your filters.

Your Search Alerts will show up here.


Sign in to create alerts for your filters and search terms.

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Connect with the innovator

You can contact each Solution’s Innovator through the « Solutions Explorer » contact form. The team will also follow up to make sure you’ll have an answer to your request.

Your contact form will show up here.




Sign in to connect with the Innovator

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

My Account

Sign in

Don't have an account?

Sign up

Vertua Ultra Zero

Clinker-free geopolymer concrete technology to decarbonize the construction industry

January 2022
Gallery Vertua Ultra Zero 1
Gallery Vertua Ultra Zero 1
01.

Identification

CEMEX Vertua® is a range of low carbon concrete products: Vertua Ultra Zero, Vertua Plus and Vertua Classic. The Vertua product line has been designed to enable embodied carbon reductions allowing customers to meet their construction needs. Vertua was launched in 2020 and its products have already been used for large infrastructure projects in Europe and show high acceptance in Mexico, the United States, and South America. This solution is focused on Vertua Ultra Zero, a net-zero CO2 concrete made as a result of an innovative solution created by CEMEX´s Research and Development Center. Vertua Ultra Zero is a geopolymer clinker-free concrete with a substantial CO2 reduction versus standard concrete manufactured with CEM I cement type. The embodied carbon reduction achieved from this material is up to 70%. The remaining 30% footprint is neutralized through carbon offsetting efforts.

Label Date January 2022
Parent Company CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
From Mexico
Maturity stage Medium and large scale commercialization
Looking For Network, New clients, Visibility

Sectors - Value chain - Application

Sectors
Applications
Design, Power & Produce
Package & Distribute
Use & Efficiency
Valorize & Restore
Value Chain Steps
  • /
02.

The environmental benefits

  • Up to 70% CO2 reduction versus standard concrete (with CEM I) and net-zero strategy by offsetting remaining 30%
  • Carbon Neutral certificate provided by a third party through the use of high quality instruments that meet the requirements of the Carbon Neutral Protocol
  • Can be fully recycled at the end of its life
03.

The Financial benefits

  • Allows customers to obtain higher scores in Green Building Certification Systems such as LEED and BREEAM
  • Enables customers to bid for low carbon construction projects
  • Use of low carbon materials facilitates investment from ethical investors.
04.

Activity Region

  • /

Africa

Egypt,

North america

Mexico,

South america

Colombia,

  • Headquarters
  • Activity
05.

Company Profile

CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.

CEMEX is a global building materials company providing high-quality products and reliable services around the world.

View company profile Solution website
Headquarters Zona Santa Engracia, 66267 San Pedro Garza García, N.L., Mexico
06.

Parent Company

CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.

CEMEX is a global building materials company providing high-quality products and reliable services around the world.

View company profile
Headquarters Zona Santa Engracia, 66267 San Pedro Garza García, N.L., Mexico
Connect with the innovator Save to Project

The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.