A series of webinars providing credible and non-commercial information about Solutions that cities can realistically implement to reach their green transition. We organize five 1-hour webinars on five different thematics at the core of cities challenges (Energy and Power Networks, Construction and Building, Mobility and Logistics, Waste Management and Water and Urban Infrastructure). Each webinar will consist of short presentations of 5 to 10 vetted Solutions (not presented by the innovators, but by our credible non-profit organizations).
The idea of a series of webinars providing credible and non-commercial information about Solutions that cities can implement to reach their green transition raised a lot of interest among most of the city hubs we partner with (EU Mission Cities via NetZeroCities, Metabolic, BABLE Smart Cities, Covenant of Mayors, EU Procurement Innovation teams via the International Cleantech Network and more).
Indeed, all the solutions that will be presented received the Efficient Solutions Label, meaning they successfully went through a credible experts assessment that proves that the Solutions are credible, scalable, and most importantly, bring environmental and economic benefits to their clients e.i. Cities in this case. Moreover, to avoid any commercial tension, we, non-profit organizations, are presenting: we thus act as “honest brokers” not choosing “winners” but highlighting a panel of realistic approaches as examples.
Finally, for city employees it can become difficult to navigate the landscape of stakeholders positioning themselves to present technology companies providing sustainable solutions. To alleviate this pain point, this activity aims to facilitate the mapping of the innovation ecosystem as it is a collaborative exercise among many city hubs and non-profits.
5 days, 1 1-hour webinar per day, 1 thematic per day
- 10 Oct. 10 am CET: Energy and Power Networks
- 11 Oct. 10 am CET: Construction and Building
- 12 Oct. 10 am CET: Mobility and Logistics
- 13 Oct. 10 am CET: Waste Management
- 14 Oct. 10 am CET: Water and Urban Infrastructure
Each webinar will consist of short presentations of 5 to 10 vetted Solutions (not presented by the innovators, but by our credible non-profit organisations).
- 10:00-10:05 : Welcoming and introductions of speakers (Solar Impulse Foundation and Climate-KIC / NetZeroCities)
- 10:05-10:10 : Introduction about the Efficient Solutions concept and the City initiative (representatives from Solar Impulse Foundation and collaborators : BABLE Smart Cities, Metabolic etc.)
- 10:10-10:20 : Contextualized analysis of the thematic of the day : exposing the challenges that cities have to actually unlock their ecological transition : the “pain points” to then introduce the Solutions. (Solar Impulse Foundation)
- 10:20-10:10:45 : Presentation of 5 solutions with reference to market trends, blockages to uptake and case studies. (representatives of Solar Impulse Foundation and BABLE Smart Cities)
- 10:45-11:00 : Q&A