The solution adapts street lighting levels to traffic density and type of users (cars, cyclists and pedestrians), without sacrificing security or visual comfort.
Thanks to intercommunicating sensors attached to each LED luminary along the street, a module will dim its light based on its own detection or on the message coming from another pole, ensuring smooth transitions. The solution software can also be adapted to suit specific needs, and internet connection enables tele-monitoring as well as remote updates, improving maintenance efficiency. Moreover, the street lighting network can collect traffic information, and through a range of remote sensors, can be used for a host of other applications such as parking lot management, street sound level or pollution monitoring.
- •Up to 80% energy savings and light pollution reduction compared to non-dimmed LED fixtures.
- •Increased safety and visual comfort: ensuring adequate level of lighting function of the presence of road users
- •Evolving and long-lasting solution : smart upgrade using existing infrastructure.
- •Reliability and resilience : local intelligence, secure network.
- •Adaptability and compatibility : multi-purpose sensor network and systems interactions.
- •Return-On-investment (ROI) within 4 years thanks to energy savings.
4000 Liège, Belgium
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.