The Solar Activated Facade saves heating energy and resources, greatly reducing the building's carbon emission.
SAF is an exterior wall paneling system with an eco-modern design for Lean & Green high-performance buildings that uses a passive solar approach, similar to the principles of passive solar heat gain through windows, by absorbing and storing daytime solar energy which at night is slowly discharged over a period of several hours thereby greatly reducing the building's heating energy demand. This process can be achieved with simple, sustainable materials and technology. SAF does not replace insulation completely, but significantly reduces the amount required to achieve high-performance thereby giving more freedom of choice toward more eco-friendly and healthier insulation materials.
- •Can reduce the heating energy demand of an average existing building by up to 90% with significantly less resources than an equally high-performing building that uses conventional insulation methods (i.e. fibre glass or EPS)
- •Mitigate the building's carbon emission by up to 85%
- •Cost effective solution over its life span providing long-term energy savings and living comfort
- •Immediate return on investment (may result from gains in valuable square footage)
Somerville, MA 02143, USA
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
Networking PartnerGreentown Labs
The largest cleantech incubator in the United States!
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.