SABCO proposes several solar solutions: a basic solar lantern, a solar task light, an entry level solar lantern, a lantern with mobile charging, and a lighting system.
More than 144 million Pakistanis are currently suffering from energy crisis. Most of them are poor households with income levels less than US$2/day, depending on kerosene and fuel to meet their basic energy needs, like lighting. The SABCO solutions aim to bring sustainable, cost-effective solar energy solutions to these communities, through their last mile distribution channels, in the rural and peri-urban locales. The several portable solutions allow the users to get rid of the expensive, polluting and harmful fuel solutions that are a widespread in these regions. Such access to clean energy enhances education as children can study longer hours after sunset, enhances health and safety, and provide money savings for the users.
- •Savings of 300 gallons of fuel/kerosene over product life.
- •92 kg CO2 avoided per year.
- •Users do not inhale any fume.
- •5 years of lifespan.
- •Customers save 43% of annual income to lighting over the product life.
- •USD 0.5 daily saved by mobile charging.
Categories of Application
- •Demand-side management
Unnamed Road, Askari V Askari 5, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.