The pickling process, used by stainless steel manufacturers to remove metal impurities, is highly polluting and operationally expensive. This solution reduces both the environmental and operational costs.
Globally, 300,000 liters of mixtures of nitric and hydrofluoric acid are used for pickling processes every hour and turned into large amounts of waste acid. This process causes significant problems to the environment and very high operational costs for manufacturers. The REGMAX innovative process combines gentle drying of liquid acid wastes in a first step and a pyrohydrolysis reaction in a second step. The waste acid is vaporized and separated into gaseous acid and metal salts. Recovered acid is reused for pickling while the metal oxides can be reused for steel production, and drastically reduces environmental impact and operational costs.
- •REGMAX is the only system which enables total recovery of acid wastes
- •Water waste reduction by 99%
- •Toxic sludge reduction by 100%
- •Hydrofluoric acid reduction by 99%
- •Nitric acid reduction by 97%
- •Acid related OPEX costs of pickling reduced by up to 91 %