Cleantech (web, smartphone app, payment solution) for scaling up agroecology through E-commerce of organic products, production and support to farmers.
PREMIUM HORTUS is the cleantech for scaling up agroecology and sustainable development. Like many African countries, Benin has a rapid increase in its urban population with high needs for garden produce (fruits, vegetables,...). Large quantities of chemical fertilizer and inputs are used, and the distribution system remains very traditional with a lack of modern agricultural technology. To tackle this issue, Premium Hortus is a cleantechnology platform in Africa, specializing in e-commerce of agroecological products, organic production and support to producers. Available as a web, mobile platform and payment solution, it allows to subscribe, choose, order, pay online and get home delivered fruits, vegetables, natural seeds, biofertilizers and organic products safely. This solution strengthens the resilience of family farmers with support and access to healthy foods in a healthy environment for all.
- •Reduction of 8000 kg/ha of chemical inputs estimated at 60 kg / ha / year of NPK
- •CO2 reduction estimated at 5883 kg/year or 46.67% of GREENHOUSE GAS over a total of 1681 Kg / ha / year emitted by conventional agriculture
- •70% reduction in food waste (7840 kg / household / year)
- •Strong savings through responsible consumption (40% at least of the useless charges of the traditional market)
- •Payment security and boosting the local economy
5 Rue Le Forestier, boulevard Jean Piaget II, Abomey Calavi, Bénin
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
Burkina Faso, Benin, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Morocco, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Chad, Togo, South Africa,
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.