Lactips designs, develops and manufactures thermoplastic pellets based on casein.
This 100% biobased and biodegradable material can be an alternative to oil-based plastics. It is also an innovation for creating value for excess production of casein. This milk protein is one of the proteins that occur in milk, it is renewable, biodegradable and compostable. Its compatibility with current industrial chains, printability, and gas barrier properties meet the needs for industry and consumers. In stark contrast to PVA, it is fully biodegradable (certified OK Biodegradable Water and OK Home Compost by TÜV Austria), has an easy dissolution in both hot and cold water with no residues.
- •Bio-sourced and completely biodegradable with no significant aquatic toxicity: Lactips conforms to certification labels including Ecocert and EU Ecolabel.
- •Leaves no sticky residues and does not clog filters
- •Made from milk byproducts that are unsuitable for human consumption and that are expensive to dispose of. This solution makes them productive: cutting costs, developing a new market and contributing to a circular economy.
42650 Saint-Jean-Bonnefonds, France
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
Networking PartnerEuropean Union
The EU, through its funding programmes, supports the development of innovations and technologies that help combat climate change, protect the environment and ensure a sustainable development and growth.
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.