Built on fifteen years of research and development, Cryo Pur is a solution that combines biogas purification with biomethane liquefaction and facilitates the production of liquid biomethane (bio-LNG) from any kind of biogas.
The Cryo Pur system uses an innovative cryogenic technology tu purify biogas coming from different kinds of organic wastes by separating its CH4 (methane) from its CO2 at very low temperatures. These cold temperatures are also utilised for the liquefaction of the resulting biomethane, which can then be used as fuel for trucks. The integrated process is thus particularly efficient and also produces pure liquid CO2, which can be used in greenhouses, transport refrigeration, and other industries.
- •Unique use of cryogenic biogas upgrading technology; integrated system for upgrading and liquefaction.
- •Reduces the energy consumption for transforming biogas into bio-LNG by about 10% compared with traditional solutions.
- •Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 80-90% and NOx emissions by 70% compared to diesel.
- •Easy to operate and scale up or down.
- •Contributes to the development of a circular economy where municipalities or farmers can find a use to their organic waste.
- •Reduces the unit cost of transforming biogas into bio-LNG by 15-20%, making the process more affordable for larger biogas plants and altogether possible for smaller ones.