1001fontaines water kiosks enable vulnerable populations to produce safe drinking water locally.
Water kiosk is a concept based on the decentralization of water production : by installing small treatment units as close as possible to the beneficiaries, the water kiosk relies on locally available water. Therefore, it is possible to offer safe drinking water locally at a low cost of production and distribution. 1001fontaines consists in initiating new water kiosks, empowering local entrepreneurs and communities, and providing long-term support to existing kiosks to ensure their sustainability. A sustainable safe water enterprise, having two kinds of revenues : – Engineering revenues : clients pay to develop new water kiosks and thus create access to safe drinking water in a chosen area. – Franchise revenues : entrepreneurs pay a franchise fee to benefit from the set of services ensuring their economic viability.
- •Avoids the emission of 10,000 tons of CO2 each year that previously was coming from the boiling of the water
- •Positive impact on people’s health and well-being, allowing 500,000 people – including 160,000 children – to drink safe water
- •Water is sold at an affordable price for local populations
92430 Marnes-la-Coquette, France
SDG's of Application
SDG's of Application
- Medium and large scale commercialization
- Small scale commercialization
- Initial market commercialization
- Prototype testing in the real world
- Prototype testing 1:1 in the lab
The information set out above, is solely for the purposes of information and the Solar Impulse Foundation does not provide any guarantee as to its authenticity, completeness or accuracy. This information does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy into, transact or to enter into any agreement with any of the parties or persons mentioned above. Potential investors or interested parties are solely responsible for their investment or business decisions and for performing any due diligence required by the circumstances.